Formatting Papers Checklist
Unless you are using a typewriter or writing with quill and ink, the formatting of your paper will invariably involve the mastering of certain digital literacy skills.
• Each page is numbered consecutively.
• A standard serif font, such as Times or Times New Roman is used.
• The font size is 12 points.
• Line spacing is double-spaced with one-inch margins at top, bottom, and sides.
• The title of my paper clearly relates to its contents, to your research question, or to the essay’s writing prompt.
Tables, Illustrations, and other Matter
• Tables and illustrations are properly captioned and include sources.
• Tables do not split across pages.
• Abbreviations are properly spelled out in their first occurrence or are included in a table of abbreviations.